The first of its kind, the Vio™ Orb emits blue light in the 405nm spectrum. Proven to destroy microorganisms, 405nm light can kill bacteria, algae, and mold. Small and spherical in design, the Orb can fit into many products while sending light in all directions. The Orb is also waterproof and magnetic, making it versatile for multiple items and areas of everyday life!
Think about the products you use daily but rarely clean. Your humidifier, shoes, pet bowl, lockers, water bottles, meat, and veggie drawers. The Orb is perfect for disinfecting the products you use often, clean rarely, and don’t want to spray disinfectant in!
Watch the video that got the Orb funded on Kickstarter!
The Vio™ Orb uses blue/UV-A light that is medically-proven to kill harmful germs.
Each Orb emits blue 405nm light and low-intensity UV-A light. Medical studies show that this spectrum is effective at killing and inhibiting the growth of germs that can cause diseases—like fungus/mold, bacteria, algae, and their spores. The Orb is the size of a ping-pong ball and fits inside many products. Its spherical design sends light in all directions. It’s waterproof. These attributes make the Orb very useful at keeping you and your family healthier.
Not be confused with UV-C in the 100nm-280nm range that is used in industrial applications, or UV-B in the 280-315nm range that’s emitted from the sun and can cause skin damage with long-term exposure, our Orb light peaks at a safe 405nm and tails off in low intensities to UV-A (only as far as 375nm) and blue light. The Orb is a new tool in your germ-killing arsenal that can be safely handled and used inside many products to keep your family healthier.
- Blue Light For Infectious Diseases – “It has been found that blue light can mediate a broad-spectrum antimicrobial effect…the wavelength range of 402–420 nm has been reported to be the most effective range of the spectrum.”
- Visible 405nm Light Destroys Methicillin-Resistant MRSA – “At low doses, blue light photo-destroys HA-MRSA and CA-MRSA in vitro…”
- Inactivation of Bacterial Pathogens following Exposure to Light from a 405-Nanometer Light-Emitting Diode Array – “The results, which show the inactivation of a wide range of medically important bacteria including methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus, demonstrate that… narrow-spectrum 405-nm visible-light illumination from an LED source has the potential to provide a novel decontamination method with a wide range of potential applications.
- Bactericidal Effects of 405nm Light Exposure Demonstrated by Inactivation of E. Coli, Salmonella, Shigella, Listeria, and Mycobacterium… – “This study has demonstrated that 405 nm light has a significant bactericidal effect on a number of important and taxonomically diverse bacterial pathogens.”
- Antifungal Effect of 405nm Light on Botrytis cinerea [This is That Pesky Grey Mold on Your Strawberries, Grapes, Etc.] – “The mycelial growth of B. cinerea was inhibited to the greatest extent by light at 405 and 415 nm…”