One of the biggest challenges potential reVive Light Therapy customers face is finding information about how light therapy works. How can a consumer make an informed decision about which product to buy?
Even though light therapy isn’t a new phenomenon (developed decades ago by NASA research), skincare consumers may not be aware of this type of skin care technology, and some people find light therapy to be intimidating.
By the end of this post you will understand the layers of the skin, how light therapy positively impacts layers of skin, and what kind of results to expect.
Layers of the skin
In the nifty cross section above, there are three primary layers of skin: epidermis, dermis, and hypodermis. These layers protect the body from the elements all while maintaining specific roles:
Known as the outermost layer of skin, the Epidermis has three main duties:
- Skin cell production
- Skin color
- Epidermis produces melanin, which determines skin color
- Protective outer layer that helps keep body healthy
Thickest layer of skin which holds many responsibilities:
- Sweat production
- Transmitting sensations of touch
- Hair growth
- Oil production
- Hi, acne!
- Provides bloodflow to skin
The bottom layer of skin, also referred to as the subcutaneous fat layer. The hypodermis keeps the skin functioning properly by:
- Connecting tissue to muscle and bone
- Guiding blood vessels and nerve cells to the rest of the body
- Helping to regulate body temperature
- Storing fat
It’s crazy to think that three small layers of the skin work synergistically to keep the body safe and functioning. By a person’s mid twenties, the dermis begins to thin out, and production of collagen and elastin gradually decreases. The dermis has a harder time sustaining moisture to the epidermis and the hypodermis begins to lose fat. When the hypodermis is no longer a solid foundation to the dermis and epidermis, the skin starts to sag. Did someone say “wrinkles?”
How light therapy impacts layers of skin
Aging skin is inevitable. But how the skin is treated can either speed up or delay the progression of wrinkles.
From Botox® to creams and acids, there are several anti-aging treatment options—most of which are pricey and can take months to bring minor improvements without addressing the root of the problem: sluggish production of collagen and elastin mixed with poor circulation.
Bottom line: injections or cream don’t typically stimulate collagen and elastin production. LED light therapy is the key to rejuvenating skin by successfully reducing fine lines and wrinkles.
LED light therapy is medically proven to not only delay progression of wrinkles, but to reverse existing wrinkles.
Our LED anti-aging devices are comprised of three light spectrums, each responsible for a different anti-aging properties. Each layer of skin responds differently to each spectrum.
- Infrared (IR) light
- Penetrating deepest (30-40 mm) into the dermis, infrared light stimulates the natural production of collagen and elastin.
- Collagen is the “glue” that holds skin cells together and plumps the skin. Where collagen growth is encouraged, wrinkles are eliminated and damaged tissues are repaired or replaced.
- Elastin provides elasticity—or snappiness—that causes skin to bounce back to its normal shape. As people age, lower levels of elastin cause the skin to sag.
- Infrared light also stimulates the release of adenosine triphosphate (ATP). ATP provides energy to cells.
- Red light
- Penetrating 8-10mm into the skin, red light increases circulation to promote a more vibrant, youthful complexion.
- Helps dermis retain moisture to ward off wrinkles.
- Amber light
- Penetrates into the skin at a shallow level, which promotes surface healing of skin conditions like sunburns and rosacea.
- Reduces the appearance of redness, swelling, and inflammation.
- Flushes waste from skin to promote a healthier lymphatic flow and encourage cellular growth.
What to expect while using anti-aging light therapy
Using light therapy consistently will provide noticeable anti-aging results. Results vary depending upon wrinkle severity and lifestyle choices. After 12 weeks of diligent use, customers reported:
- Minimized skin discoloration and age spots
- Enhanced complexion
- Reduced puffy eyes
- Improved skin tone and smoother texture
97% of users participating in a clinical study experienced a reduction in wrinkles. Science at work!
See what 10 weeks using reVive Light Therapy can do (actual results from customers and trials):
LED light therapy doesn’t have to be intimidating.
Other anti-aging treatments may have left you disappointed, but we are confident LED light therapy will make a difference for you. With diligence and commitment, fine lines and wrinkles can be replaced with plump, firm, more youthful-looking skin.
Our Essentials Collection Wrinkle Reduction device is great for dipping toes into the water, but if diving in is more the speed, our Full-Face Beauty Panel will cover the entire face in a single treatment and won’t disappoint.
At reVive Light Therapy, we are committed to sharing health and beauty tips to enrich your life. Everyone deserves to live an empowered life and we want to help you get there. If you suffer from acne, wrinkles, or pain, our light therapy products can help.